Monday, July 13, 2009

Fight back

Well, more than a week has passed after my debacle in GMAT scoring a meagre 690. I have started writing essays though for few schools. One of the questions that schools always ask is what are your strengths?
I have always felt till date that if there's one quality that I can pick in myself that I am particularly proud of, then that is persistence.. determination .. perseverance. I guess all three mean the same in my world.
I can't write that in the essays if I don't feel and act that way in real life. So this is all about fight back and not giving up. 30th July is the new date and my rendezvous with GMAT again.
I have buckled up and spending more time in my studies. My posts on BTG are now more on verbal and I have started giving lots of details. I haven't touched quant at all. I think I can pick it up really quickly, if I have to.
I spoke with the admissions committee of the school where I am applying and would miss the deadline for giving my new GMAT score. The school agreed to accept my new score. So that's one thing taken care off.
I also want to thank my frens on BTG who have admired my posts time and again and sent me personal msgs of appreciation. I want to let them know that it is very much appreciated and a very humbling experience for me. I am also glad that many people have liked my other blog (http://gmattoughies.blogspot.com/) and found it very helpful. Its something that I started with the intention of accumulating all fundamentals that are really important to review before taking the GMAT. I feel very happy that its useful for others too. Thanks again to everyone for the appreciation.

That's all from me as of now.. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."- Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment