Friday, July 31, 2009

Alas! It's over

I retook GMAT and scored 720 (Quant 49, V 40). Not a very high score, but decent enough. I believe this covers my GMAT area in applying to any school of my choice. Now all that is left is working on the applications.

I really believe that I could have scored higher. In this last month, my work load increased tremendously and I just didn't find time to study. It's incredible to look back and see that I could give only two mock tests in the last 31 days because of paucity of time. Everything happens for a reason and so I think there's no point in regretting anything.

The good thing that I did this time is that I didn't take Red Bull with me and yes this time the officers at the PearsonVue center were quite diligent too. Everything went pretty well.. The breaks have been reduced to 8 mins instead of 10 mins. I took special care of that and didnt utilize the whole break unlike last time when the PearsonVue staff couldn't check me in at the right time and so I lost minutes from my test time. For sustaining energy I relied on natural organic bananas :-) There's nothing that can go wrong with a Banana and the energy is awesome.

I started really well in the test with tremendous speed in math section. I think I relaxed somewhere in between as I was very confident and that cost me time in the later questions. NEVER EVER think that the war is over till its really over is the lesson I learnt. I am usually not complacent, but yesterday I think I became in the quant section and that's what cost me in the end.

Now is the tough part. Applications. I have already submitted one for the July 22nd deadline. Submitted my latest GMAT score yesterday too. I have more deadlines coming up in Oct. I want to make sure that I submit my applications in the first deadline itself. So I am gonna take a break from everything for next 10 days and then start afresh.

That's all from me now.. more to come as I start the exciting application process. At this stage I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

"We are like tea bags. We don't know our strengths until we're in hot water."

1 comment:

  1. 720 is a good score. with this score you can apply for the good b-schools.

    GMAT Sentence Correction

    ReplyDelete