Friday, May 1, 2009

What's the plan buddy?

Well, that's the big question.. I am going to give two months for my study towards GMAT and then take the exam.. so from now, I think i should be giving my exam by June end.. That being said, as I am an engineer, math comes natural and so that's one thing not much to bother about.. but then as always, NEVER lose focus from your strength. So I need to make sure that whether its a good day or a bad day for me on the test day, I score in the higher percentile in Maths. That would need lots of practice.. I am currently solving lot of problems on www.beatthegmat.com. Need to find some other source too.. 

Now comes verbal. I always had a disinclination towards long RCs. I love SCs and CRs. So that's the weakness. How do I correct that? 

Religiously follow:
  • Practice 3 RCs daily. If I do this religiously, I would have done atleast 180 RCs before test day. I think that's more than enough.. Need to come out with my own strategy. It's always tough to follow someone else's strategy.. even if it worked for them.. 
  • 15 - 20 SCs daily. This is a must. Also understanding of why an option is correct is very important. Need to make notes.
  • 10 - 15 CRs daily.
I guess the mantra is Practice, Practice and Practice.... For someone like me who has a huge problem of concentrating for 4 hours at one stretch, I need to build up stamina to last that long. 

Let's start with a full fledged test on every weekend. Later I'll increase the frequency. But building this stamina is a must. 

Another important thing: How to cope with office work? What if office work load increases dramatically?

Well, I have no clue as of now. I don't have a plan of action for that contingency. How can I focus on this for next two months and keep office work to minimal? Need to think about it.. 

But one thing for sure, come what may, exam needs to be taken by june end.

alrighty, that's a draft version of the plan.. I think it will get more clear in few days.. 

adios for now!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucky ..I was just going thru ur Blogs ...Why did u say that Exams need to be taken by June ??...I have just started the preparation and educating myself with every possible resource is get thruu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lucky ..I was just going thru ur Blogs ...Why did u say that Exams need to be taken by June ??...I have just started the preparation and educating myself with every possible resource is get thruu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry... for the delay in reply.. my comments setting was not set. so I never came to know when you commented on the blog.. sorry about that.. Jul 22nd is deadline for INSEAD and that's why exam had to be taken by june end..

    ReplyDelete